Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy Day!

So, I joined a different Gym, the newly opened Athletic Loft here in Norman. Why did I join a new gym when I'm probably moving in a couple months?
Well, there's no contract and no sign up fee. Like my previous gym it's open 24 hours so Pancho and I can work out when he gets out of work. But, the big bonus is it isn't all the way across town- it's just around the corner.

There are some ways in which it is much nicer than the 24hr fitness express where I was going before, and other ways in which it isn't as nice. The cardio area is bigger while the free weight area has as about as much equipment but is a bit more crowded than at fitness express. They do have unlimited tanning included with pretty nice tanning beds, but I'm pretty darn sure that's a service I won't be using.

My first couple days there have been pretty good. I had a good day lifting and good cardio too. So, I think the new gym will good for me. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Down with tanning beds!

steph k said...

hmm... maybe I've just had the wrong KIND of sushi....

you know... with seaweed...

I always pictured tanning beds as giant, human-sized George Foreman grills....