Thursday, April 19, 2007

I knew there was a reason I'm up so late

My sleep schedule is way off lately.
Right now I'm avoiding finishing some work and trying to figure out if I should just go to bed - in the midst of it I've got the tv tuned to VH1 classic- where from 2AM-3AM they have a show called "The Alternative" which i described as "videos from unconventional bands of the '60s, '70s and '80s" when I press the info button.

It is in fact more of a 80's alternative with the occasional instance of other decades thrown in- with more early '90s than '60s and '70s.

But I must tell you, it is fantastic. I smiled as the Pixies Velouria started- because I realized I had just seen some Portishead, REM, The Samples and The Pixies. In a row. On the tv.

I like music videos- I don't know why, I just always have. And I used to complain about MTV and VH1 no longer showing any videos, but I realize the complaint is kind of stupid. Despite that, this show is great. It goes beyond even what 120 minutes used to be. It includes some of that- but seems more like a video version of a 1994 college radio station. (OK, maybe the semi-commercial college radio station- but still... it's pretty nice)

I am way to much a consumer of pop culture. I often think I ought to exert a lot more mental energy into things that are, you know, productive. Instead of watching Fishbone videos.

Because really. Fishbone videos are pretty absurd.

But it's Fishbone.
On the tv.
I have to watch. (while I multi task in my time wasint by writing on my blog)

No comments: