Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My headphones, they saved my life

I went to guestroom last night to buy Patty Griffin's new album as a birthday present for a friend because I was certain it was something she would like. They didn't have it, so I figured I would get her The Crane Wife even though it would probably be different from what she usually listens to because I think that she'll like it when she gives it a chance.

Something new since I'd been to guestroom last (about a month and a half ago) was a wall full of Steve Keene paintings (mostly) based on album covers. I was talking to the owners while checking out and Travis asked me if I wanted to get the painting of The Crane Wife. I told him I didn't but asked if it was too big a pain for him to get the ladder out and get the down the Bjork Post He was glad to (Travis is a nice guy, and I suppose asking him if it's too much trouble to sell me something was kind of stupid anyway)

I'm quite happy with my purchase. I know a lot of people think Keene's stuff isn't really art, and that's just fine with me. It looks good on my wall and I'm pretty certain it's the best 25 bucks I've spent in quite some time.

1 comment: