Monday, August 20, 2007

Todays playlist of very short songs

OK, today is day one of week two of the Couch to 5k, which means after a five minute warm-up walk I was to alternate between a minute and a half running and two minutes walking. Any normal person wouldn't have a problem with this. But I'm not a normal person, I'm a big fat American. So, I was a bit worn out by it all. And sweaty. 80° isn't that hot, but it was hotter than I expected it to be at 8:00 in the morning. It was fairly humid, but I can't really complain about that since Saturday night's rain is the only thing keeping it as cool as it is.

Finding short little songs is certainly made easier with iTunes letting me sort by length. I'm not sure if I'll run tomorrow or wait till Wednesday like on the program (I think I may need to put in some extra work to really be ready for next week) If I do go tomorrow I'll probably use the same playlist, but I'm pretty sure I'll make a new one for Wednesday.

Dan Bern - One Dance
Tori Amos - Programmable Soda
Jill Scott - Exclusively
Elvis Costello - Mystery Dance
Low - Hatchet
The Hives - Declare Nucleaire
Phish - Bliss
Go Sailor - Ray of Sunshine
Fountains of Wayne - Survival Car
Guided By Voices - Teenage FBI
Neutral Milk Hotel - Communist Daughter
Cee-Lo - Soul Machine

1 comment:

Sarita said...

Thanks for the comment Michael, and for the compliments. I find your 5k goal admirable. I need to get 5k-in again.