Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New day, new playlist

At 7:30 it was a lovely 75° and not too terribly humid, which made my run quite a bit more pleasant. I didn't run yesterday, my ankles were feeling a bit sore and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to run today. (I'm sure extra runs are good, but I don't want them to prevent my scheduled runs)

The playlist for today was:
Bob Dylan - Shelter from the Storm 5:02
The Unicorns - Clap 1:26
Weezer - Why Bother 2:08
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Annunciation Day/Born on Christmas 1:33
Weezer - You Gave Your Love to Me Softly 1:57
Pixies - Crackity Jones 1:24
Patton Oswalt - The Best Baby in the Universe 2:00
Starlight Mints - Buena Vista 1:32
Neutral Milk Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers Part 1 2:00
The Hives - Inspection Wise 1999 1:37
I'm From Barcelona - Oversleeping 2:18
Liz Phair - Glory (first 58 seconds only)

Well, that's about 24 minutes which is a pretty darn slow 2 miles, but I still feel pretty darn worn out afterwards. I still can't really call it running since that's about 15 minutes walking and 9 minutes running. I don't know what kind of pace I'll be able to keep in a couple weeks when instead of walking for 2/3 the time (like I am now) I'll only be walking for 1/3 the time. It will be interesting to see what kind of pace I can keep once I'm running pretty much the whole time. That's still weeks away, hopefully I'll make it there on schedule. If it's really too challenging though, I may have to throw extra weeks in the middle at the slower pace and turn the 2 months program into a three month program. (because I'm going to keep running once the 2 months are up anyway so I shouldn't be to angry if my progress is slower than I want.)


All in all, I feel pretty good. I ate half a banana, I'm going to eat some tuna and watch last night's Eureka then go hang out with Pancho for a few before he has to head out to work.

4 comments:

goddessdivine said...

Sounds like you've got yourself a pretty good exercise program.

And I love Weezer ;-) (the sweater song is my fave)

chloe said...

If there's one thing I am learning from this whole process, it's that your body is pretty good at knowing what's up. If your ankles hurt, give 'em a break. Good job!

Jenny said...

Kepp up the good work. I want to see you soon!

Author said...

I love the Unicorns! Can't get enough of "I was born a Unicorn...." Exceleent playlist, my brotha.